Guest post by Gretchen Garrison
Little did I know when I started 2014 that I was going to discover a company that would change my life. Well at least my way of cleaning, and also my way of thinking. Yep, my life. I had known for a long time that my former college roommate (and dear friend), Suzanne, was involved with Norwex. Other than being happy for her success, I did not give the fact much thought.
Then a February e-mail from her changed that. For only $8, I could join Norwex without any obligation. I was curious about their cleaning products, so I figured why not? When the packages of my product arrived, I was quite excited. Almost as if I knew then just how Norwex was going to be affecting still months later. Here are just a few things that I have learned.
1) Cleaning does not have to take forever. Sometimes I would put off doing any cleaning because I just knew it would take longer than the time I had. Norwex demystified that theory for me. Now that I know that I can have Norwex clean bathrooms in less than five minutes, we get to them much more often. Does this mean my house is always clean? Not exactly, but we have made progress!
2) Cleaning can (and should) involve my kids. Before Norwex, I hated the idea of my kids coming in contact with chemicals. While that is probably a good fear, this also meant that Mama became the cleaning lady. Not any more thanks to all of the great products that Norwex has for kids. I love Norwex for that! As for my kids, that probably depends upon the day. 🙂
3) Learning how to use the products is important. What I was surprised to discover is just how versatile the products are. The Enviorwand is not just for cleaning fans, but also works fantastic as getting underneath my dresser. Polishing door knobs, that I did not even realize were grimy, is so simple with the cleaning paste. Keeping one of the Travel Pack Envirocloths in your purse eliminates germs on those shopping carts. As longs as you remember to use them. 🙂
4) Teaching my kids how to use the products is even more important. Since April, we have been using only the Norwex Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent. While my kids often put their clothes in the front loading machine, I usually add the detergent. I have my little teaspoon scoop in the container ready to go since that is the most I ever have to use.
Evidently I had not explained to my youngest just how little of the detergent you need to add. While he normally is more supervised during laundry time, one day he decided that he wanted to wash his own small load. I am not exactly sure how much detergent he added, but he did drastically diminish my supply.
Thankfully I was able to laugh. Even better I was able to add more clothes to the machine since obviously he had enough suds to wash five times that amount of clothing. Obviously I need to make sure that my kids know what is going on also! Lesson learned.
5) I have many more products that I want to buy. Many more. This is why I appreciated Suzanne’s earlier post idea on the Safe Haven Club. Friends helping friends get more Norwex products sounds like a winner to me.
As far as other ways to get free products? Hosting your own party is always a great idea, and with the new catalog coming out, this might be the best time of year to introduce your friends to Norwex. Especially if you host one right away – Norwex is giving bonus product to those that qualify.
Another great option for getting free Norwex products is to follow in my footsteps. Becoming a Norwex consultant comes with so many perks that I am amazed that everyone does not make this choice. 🙂 If you are interested in this option, please contact Suzanne. Just like Norwex made such an impact on my life in 2014, this great company can make a difference in yours in 2015.