It’s finally time to kick back! Someone else gets to be the maid, fix the meals, and entertain the kids. You check in to the hotel, relieved to send the kids to the pool while you get some R&R. You lay down in the peace of a cool, clean room. Just as you are starting to drift off, your mind starts thinking, “I wonder if they washed this comforter…” Nope! Can’t do it! Nap’s over! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve started vacations this way. For some reason, I always assume a room is going to be clean, but feel disappointed once I start thinking about hotel hygiene. According to a recent study called “Hotel Hygiene Exposed,”researchers “find that the average hotel room is teaming with more icky bacteria than a typical home, airplane, or school” (Yahoo.com). Nicer hotels are not exempt from this either; “they discovered that four-star and five-star hotel rooms tend to be dirtier than less luxurious three-star hotels” (Yahoo.com). So if cleanliness is a priority to you, save a few bucks and go with the 3-star hotel!
Hotels are always going to miss the mark when it comes to most people’s standard of cleanliness. Since I try to avoid chemicals, even the residues that their cleaners leave behind gross me out. This is why I bring a few Norwex items to the hotel with me. I just do a quick walk through before I lay down to relax. Here’s my Norwex packing list and to-do list:
- Mattress Cleaner– Used mattresses are something we usually avoid thinking about. The Norwex Mattress Cleaner is an enzyme that breaks up organic matter (sweat, dust mite poop, body oils, dander,etc.) and turns it in to carbon dioxide and oxygen. Just strip the sheets, spray the cleaner, let dry 2-4 hours, and then replace sheets. You can even spray it on the dreaded comforter!
- Enviro Cloth– With just water and the cloth you can remove 99% of bacteria and chemical residues from surfaces! Do a quick wipe down of some of the most germ-y areas: bathroom counter, remote control, desk, and phone, toilet, and whatever else gives you the creeps!
- Odor Eliminator– Most hotel rooms have some kind of smell that doesn’t make you feel quite at home. Tackle this smell with the Odor Eliminator. The bacterial spores in Odour Eliminator work to eat up the organic matter causing the odor so there are no chemicals involved!
- Microfiber Variety Pack– This variety pack is perfect for keeping up the cleanliness of the room while you are there. You can keep the Enviro Cloth by the sink or the toilet ( I like to designate my full-size one to the cleaning everything but the toilet. Just my preference.). I use the Window Cloth to keep the mirror clear and I use the Body Cloth instead of their wash cloths.
- Reusable Wet Wipes Bag– I don’t like to keep my toothbrush on the counter so instead, I keep them in the Reusable Wet Wipes Bag. They fit perfectly and don’t mix with my other products.
Once you walk through with these Norwex products, I think you’ll be able to relax a lot easier! You know that you can trust Norwex to take care of the germs and it only takes a few minutes. Enjoy your trip!