Cleaning your Norwex Microfiber cloths and mop pads may be easier than you have been told. I get more questions about microfiber care than on any other topic! I frequently hear unusual things from customers who stop by my craft show or expo booths….things like cooking their cloths in a crockpot, microwaving them, or always boiling…and never ever washing or putting them in the dryer.
Here’s the official Norwex laundering instructions from their customer care sheet that is sent with each order:
Use dry to pick up and hold dust.
Dampen your cloth with water to loosen dirt and debris, leaving surface free from everything.
- Wash slightly dirty microfiber cloths with Norwex Dishwashing Liquid under warm, running water. Rinse thoroughly, hang to dry or drop into the dryer.
- Launder microfiber cloths separately or with other lint-free laundry.
- Use Norwex Ultra Power Plus Laundry Detergent for best results.
- For deep, stubborn stains or odors, microfiber can be boiled for 10 minutes to allow fibers to swell and release the debris.
- Between launderings, use our Rubber Brush to remove dirt from dry Mop Pads and Entry Mat.
- Do not use bleach, fabric softeners or dryer sheets when laundering microfiber as these additives coat the fibers and reduce their ability to clean effectively.
- Do not use microfiber (except Norwex Optic Scarf ) on anti-glare surfaces.